...The National Weather Service in Northern Indiana has issued a
Flood Warning for the following rivers in Ohio...Michigan...
Tiffin River at Stryker affecting Fulton OH, Defiance and
Saint Joseph River Michigan at Three Rivers affecting Elkhart,
St. Joseph MI and Branch Counties.
.Rainfall on Friday has led to rises on area rivers, causing a few
to go into minor flood stage. It is possible that rain on Monday and
Tuesday could lead to additional increases in river levels.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too
deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near
flood waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for
further statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and additional information can be found at
www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
This statement will be updated within the next 12 to 24 hours.
...FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING TO EARLY FRIDAY
* WHAT...Minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Saint Joseph River Michigan at Three Rivers.
* WHEN...From Monday morning to early Friday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...At 7.0 feet, Expect minor flooding of the Scidmore Park
picnic facilities in Three Rivers.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 7:45 PM EDT Sunday the stage was 6.8 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage
tomorrow morning to a crest of 7.3 feet Tuesday morning. It
will then fall below flood stage Friday morning.
- Flood stage is 7.0 feet.